Most of us have heard about SEO for websites. Here, SEO means Search Engine Optimization, it is very much needed for making websites popular. You have to make a strategy of SEO for your website. But there are difference between search engine optimization for eCommerce sites and other sites (like blogs, forums, directories and many others).
What Is SEO for eCommerce Sites
Search engine optimization for eCommerce site is more important than any other type of website. You need to optimize your product pages for search engines, if you can’t do it properly, you will not be able to make enough profit from your websites. Here some points are given for your help, if you follow them your website pages will be properly optimized for search engines.
8 Optimization Tips for eCommerce Website
Follow the given tips to make your business website optimized properly.
- Use The Keywords In The Title: this is the most important part of SEO for any web sites. You have to keep the keyword in the title tag of your page. Because, if you don’t keep it in the title, your page won’t be shown when someone will search for that keyword. You have to choose the best title tag as well. At first, research about your products, find out how people search for this, then make a suitable title tag of your web page.
- Keep Meta Tag In The Description: If you search for any product in any search engine, you will find that all the descriptions contain the keywords you searched for. So, you have to use the keywords in the description tag, but never use the same description for all products. Rather you should try to make unique descriptions for every single product. It will give you a better result.
- Add Images With Meta Tags: You should use only those images which are relevant to your product description. These images will be displayed when someone will search for that product, so use meta tags in your product images.
- Keep Keywords In Links: If you search any product, you will see that the keyword of that product is in the URL string. So, you have to use the keywords in the URL string of your product.
- Make an Adequate Description of Your Product: In the description of your product, write down all the important things that a reader should know. For example, write about the product uses, how it works, why it should be used etc.
- Do The Link Building: Link building is another very important step of SEO for any eCommerce site. It is also known as “deep links”. There are several websites that can help you in this case, it doesn’t work for any specific page, it will help your whole website.
- Add Media Buttons: Share button is also very useful for SEO. It will help you to share your products on the other sites in the internet.
- Add Some Reviews: Reviews create a good impression on the reader’s mind, it also helps to rank your page higher.
So, follow these steps and make your website correctly optimized.